Friday, December 30, 2011

Mewat Villages ~ First Visit






Today has changed my life. I can't really describe it justly with how sleep deprived I am right now, so I'll just post a few pictures until tomorrow. I was humbled, saddened, confused, embarrassed, nervous, captivated, impressed, joyful, ecstatic, moved, and completely in awe throughout this day...


Our first followers-children at first Mewat District village dam (which is dried up and empty).









Right before my infamous stumble--which gave the 15 or so children who were following our every step MUCH delight and amusement--up the rocky stream bed to the women's clothes washing area. The children did point and show me every rock I should step on for the way down, which was quite helpful!









The village children running after our vehicle waving good bye.

5 comments:

  1. These images are absolutely fantastic.

    Godspeed,

    AJH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Amazing pictures. I want to hear more about it! How long did it take you to get there from Delhi? Are those camels?? Love you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pics, Jo.
    It would also be great to see a few pics of you and your group dressed modestly and wearing scarves!

    Looking forward to your next posting. Be safe and have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks awesome Jo! Great pictures and beautifully written. I agree with Sean, I'd love to see some pics of you girls! Also some elephants.
    Be safe, love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Jo, so cool. I just ordered an alter cloth from New Delhi. It's a golden vajra alter cloth. I'm so excited about it. Can't wait to hear more about your adventures. Scarf pic please? Teehee

    ReplyDelete